Wednesday 5 October 2016

Britt's Photos; my Food (and weird looking hands)

          So, I have a problem about my life that I don't know how to solve. I love food: I love everything about it. I love cooking and baking, reading recipes and food books and food magazines. I love smelling it, and studying it, and above all, I love eating it (more on that later). It seems obvious that I would choose a career that involves it in a big way. But almost all the career choices a food geek has inevitably mean a sucky lifestyle. The annoying part is, when I decided I didn't have the stamina to make a career in music, and when pain officially closed that door, I discovered that food was my other passion; Yay!, right? I mean, that gives me a plan for my life right? Actually not. Because the options of jobs in the food industry are extremely limited.
         So that is my life problem. I still don't know how to fix it, or what I am doing next year.
         But one thing is for sure, taking the photos to come was an absolute blast, and I wish all of you people who read this (who am I kidding) could taste the result.
          Pop over to Brittany's Website to see more of her awesome work. She is a fantastic, adventurous, versatile and personable photographer. She is a great friend and an amazing woman.
          So without further ado, enjoy these snapshots of food in the process of being made.

 (I am going to forgo captions for now, just because, I am not a very funny person, so I don't really see the point. I'll just say, these are all taken at my parents gorgeous house, where I still abide.)



























And the pizza monkey bread is finished and ready to dive into, with some doctored up tomato sauce, and coleslaw (not interesting enough to picture).
We wandered outside after dinner into the gorgeous summer sunshine, where our family animals kindly obliged the photographer with these amazing poses. Oh, and just for good measure, there is a pic of my little sis Liv too.

those eyes........










Conclusion: yes, there was wine involved in that evening (wine is always a good idea), and an amazing food movie called Burnt to finish it off.
Thank God for all my completely undeserved friends that put up with me.
If one of you reads this, pat yourself on the back.
(thanks britt)

No comments:

Post a Comment