Sunday 26 June 2016

Time Flies

      I cannot believe it is already the end of June! This month flew by. I am sitting on my bed on a gorgeous sunny Sunday. Father gave his sermon on the compassion of the Sacred Heart. It was a great pick me up for the end of June. Feast of St. Peter and Paul on Wednesday!! Sadly I probably won't be able to go to mass, as I have to go to the dentist that morning. Ugh.
     So of course, right when I get in a sort of groove of exercising and blogging and getting my life together, I have to work two double shifts two days in a row, and the whole great plan, and attitude completely goes out the window. But thankfully I think I have been able to bounce back. I just got back from a run, and it went even better than the last one. And after I finish this post, I am going to tackle a bit of yoga I think.
       My sister has gone and done a horrible thing, and become addicted to Downton Abbey. Anyone who reads this take it as a warning! Avoid this mistake at all costs! Psyche is bad enough!
       I am off to work tonight as a favor for a coworker, and for once, even though it is Sunday, I am actually kind of looking forward to it! I don't know why. Probably because I really don't have anything better to do, and I am getting my first paycheck tomorrow.
       To conclude, I leave this blog with the pasta recipe that I made for a friend's wedding. I personally catered it, and it was a great experience and turned out awesome!

Heat: 1 cup cream and 1 cup milk over low to medium heat
Turn heat to low
Add: 2 cups good quality parmesan cheese
Wait till it melts, whisking carefully
Add: 1 tblsp. all purpose flour.
Whisk until all lumps are gone
Take off the heat
Add: 1 tsp chili flakes ( or any amount you prefer )
1/4 cup rinsed sundried tomatoes
1 tsp garlic powder
lots of salt and pepper

Mix with one pound cooked pasta and enjoy!! Feel free to add chicken or sausage!
This is my own personal recipe, so please refer people to this blog if you want to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment