Wednesday 2 September 2015

Oscar de la Renta

      He was a huge influence on the fashion world for years. Will it be the same without him? No.

       I don't pretend to know a lot about fashion, or what comes and goes, whats important now or who is really making the money. But there is no doubt that anyone even vaguely interested in fashion felt a little something die in him when he heard this news. Lets pray for him that he may rest in peace.

      Mr. de la Renta designed some stunning and beautiful clothing. That is what I enjoy in fashion. I believe that the price tag, for those who can afford it, is worth it, because it is made by hand in the fashion house, not in a factory in China where the workers are barely paid and treated terribly. Olivia of Fresh Modesty recently wrote a post on ethical clothing that I really agree with. Check out her website if you are interested in that kind of thing. ( I don't know why I'm saying this, since no one reads this blog anyways. To make myself feel better?)

      So I would like to share some of my favorite looks from Oscar de la Renta. Not all are red carpet but many of them are. I don't pretend to be an expert on fashion, I just love to look at it, and I have tried to pick out some of the more modest ones, as evidence that fashion can be beautiful, edgy, classy and modest.

To start with.

Emily Blunt looks just awesome in this color, and I love the possibilities that one shoulder gowns present. I realize that the gown is not completely modest I however love this color and Emily Blunt so it comes first on this list.

Next up how could I not mention Amal Clooney's gorgeous wedding gown? Lets hope this wedding lasts!

Obviously he is an expert at lace as well as everything else.
So I had never seen this jaw dropping look Carrie Underwood posed in until I started searches for this post. I love a lot of her style choices as far as red carpet goes, and sparkles and glitter??!! Two of the best things ever in clothing. I love how unique this look is. I've never seen anything like it.
Now for a little Taylor love. I can't understand how she continues to write and produce such terrible music, but she is truly one of my style icons. Classy and cute.

Prints galore!! I never get tired of this look!
I thought about trying to mix up the T-Swift looks but I guess I might as well put them up now.

So this dress is backless but I couldn't not include it because it is just so breathtaking. What I wouldn't give to feel that fabric.
One more from this gal that I also love.
Talk about classic couture cocktail. At least that is what I think of.
Their are probably a dozen more of her in Oscar de la Renta, but I think I should probably move on before I get carried away.

The cut and color of this gown are absolutely perfect. He is the king of embellishments as well. And Michelle Dockery is gorgeous.
I thought this one was perfect for an edgy, out there look that wasn't too weird or crazy. I've never really followed Tina Fey's fashion choices, but here's to a great one!!
Time to close up with a last but not least actually a couple last but not leasts.
First up Nikki Reed cuz I think she's gorgeous:

I think I should look up another word for awesome in my thesaurus but I am too lazy. Let's just say Nikki and Oscar nailed it.
 And to close this unforgettable gown on Freida Pinto:

I think what is so amazing about this designer is that he can take something like that basic ballgown design and turn it into such a unique dress, something you can't take your eyes off of because it is so beautiful. The gold stitching on this gown...........there are no words. I just look and look, and wish I could look in person.

TTFN folks! I'll probably do Jenny Packham next. But I might go the celebrity route. I'm not sure. I just hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment